Leather leaf Mahonia are perennial dwarf shrub that produces beautiful flowers. The leaves of this plant are oval, dark green, and dull. Additionally, the foliage becomes purplish thought-out the spring.
Suitable place for Leather leaf Mahonia:
It is fundamental to grow these flowers in drained or moist soil. Besides that, it is also important to place its leaves in cold water.
Origin of Flower: It is native to tropical or subtropical regions of southeast Asia, eastern Africa, pacific island and eastern Africa, and Australia.
Genus: Its genus is Colubrina.
Family: it belongs to the family of Rhamnaceae.
Species: C. Asiatica.
Life cycle: Perennial woody.
leaf type: simple.
Bloom season: April to June is ideal seasons to grow this plant.
Height: The average height of this plant is 1- 1.5m tall.
Width: 0.5 to 1.5 cm width is the estimated width of these flowers.
Soil PH: Acidic or Neutral.
Soil type: Sandy, sunny or partial shade.
These flowers are native to Europe, America, and Asia.
Tips to better grow this plant:
Following are some important tips that you must follow to protect your plant growth and these are given below:
- Provide full sun or partial shade area.
- Plenty of water is also necessary.
- Low pruning is needed.
- Fertilization also plays important role in plant growth.
Most Frequent Asked Questions:
1. What is the Common name of this plant?
The common name of this plant is a Leather leaf.
2. What are the uses of the leather leaf?
The few uses of the leather leaf are as follow:
- Flower arrangements.
- Use in forestry foundations for floral bouquets.
3. What is the Scientific name of this plant?
The scientific name of this plant is ChamaedaphneCalyculata.
4. What is the life span of the leather leaf?
The life span of the leather leaf is short which is 7- 21 days.
5. What is the botanical name of this plant?
The botanical name of this plant is Rumohraadiantiform.