Tradescantia Pallida perennial flowers that remain evergreen. Purple queen flowers possess long and pointed leaves. Such leaves are fringed with purple and red small flowers. Each flower contains 3-4 petals of pink, purple or white colour. It is essential to protect these flowers from frost.
Requirements: The soil for the healthy growth of this flower must be well-drained.
- Choose an environment that receives full sunlight.
- Watering is essential in its growing season.
The ideal season to grow: The perfect time to grow these flowers start from mid-summer till fall.
Origin:These flowers were the first time originated from Eastern Mexico.
Common Names: Tradescantia pallida are commonly known as
- Purple queen
- Dark Purple secret
- Purple heart
Scientific Name: Tradescantia pallida is it’s scientific name.
Family:Commelinaceae is its belonging family.
- Because of the ornamental leaves of these flower has some medical uses.
- These purple queens are ideal to cure the mucosal infection.
- Venereal diseases are also healed by these flowers.
- Even cancer and gastrointestinal disorders can be treated by these Tradescantia pallida
Symbolizes: Tradescantia flowers are symbol of positivity. These flower make the environment pleasant and fragrant. These flowers also used as a symbol of
- These works look beautiful on rock gardens and borders.
- Used in hanging baskets and containers.
- These flowers are best because of their beautiful colour and scent.
- The purple queen can cover interior capes and grounds perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to propagate Purple queen?
It is very easy to propagate this flowering plant. cut any Brach of propagate and put into the pot. Until its roots start growing. Then once its roots grew plant it in the soil.
Are purple queen plants poisonous?
Well, these flowers are not highly toxic. But experts didn’t recommended to eat any part of this flower. Because its foliage can lead to irritation on the skin.