Golden chain tree is a cute mini tree with a narrow trunk perfect for all types of gardens especially small gardens.
This tree thrives for well-drained soil with average moisture and nutrients.
Blooming season :The blooming season of this tree in spring.
Origin: Southern Europe is the native area of this flowering tree.
Family: This pretty tree belongs to the Fabaceae family.
Genus: Its genus is Laburnum; Fabr.
Order: Its order is Fabales.
Common names : Its most common names are
- Bean tree
- Waterer Laburnum.
Colour: The overall color of this tree is golden yellow.
Size: The average mature height of this tree is approximately up to 20 feet. Its flowers are approximately 20 inches long.
Diseases: There are so many threats to this tree in the form of pests and diseases. Some of the most common diseases that can affect this tree are:
- Leaf spot
- Root rot
Some Maintenance Tips:
Some valuable tips that can make your tree grow well and survive for a long time include.
- Make sure the soil is not overwatered because this will cause root rot.
- Protect your tree from harmful diseases with the help of sprays
Fragrance : This tree produces beautiful bright showy flowers that have a strong fragrance.
Plant type: This is a small tree that produces flowers.
Sun exposure: This tree enjoys full sun.
Watering needs : Its overall uptake of water is average so it’s recommended to water it once a week.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is it toxic?
Although it’s very beautiful and attractive but is highly toxic for humans and animals. This can cause skin irritation, itching, and rashes if touched.
How can I grow a Golden chain tree from seeds?
- It’s super easy to grow golden chain trees from seeds.
- Take some seeds and soak them in water for about 24 hours.
- Then pick the largest seeds because there are chances of germination.
- Select a nice soil mixed with compost.
- Place the soaked seeds into the soil.
- Water your pot when you feel it’s drying.
- After few weeks seedlings will start appearing.