This beautiful plant has a pleasant scent and this is also known as night lily. People prefer to grow this plant in a garden to enjoy the sweet scent of this beautiful alocasia odora. Besides its pleasant smell, its eye-catching beauty and evergreen quality makes alocasia odora special. The shape of this plant resembles the ear of an elephant and its stem is super strong.
SUITABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALOCASIA ODORA:
This mesmerizing scented plant grows well in the spring and summer seasons. And for the best growth of keeping this plant in sunlight for a maximum of 3 – 4 hours per day. Alocasiaodora grows well in semi-drained and moist soil.
The origin of alocasia odora is basically from Taiwan, Bangladesh, China, Japan.
Its genius is alocasia.
It belongs to the Araceae family.
Alocasiaodora is bloomed in the spring season and early summer season.
TIPS TO GROW :
If you want to grow this plant in your garden then must follow all the tips mentioned below.
- Water your Alocasiaodora once a week.
- Grow this plant inland or if you want to grow it in any pot then the size of the pot should be 36 inches wide.
- Alocasiaodora loves a moist and humid environment, so it’s better to mist your plant twice a week.
- Make sure the soil of alocasiaodora is full drained and moist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Is This plant edible?
No, This is not edible in raw form. It has needle-like scales that contain Crystal of calcium oxalate. In Japan, several cases are reported due to consumption of this plant people got food poisoning.
2. How often should I water?
It is recommended to water the plant once again a week. Besides that, you can mist it daily.
3. Do I have to plant Alocasia odora in a big pot?
Yes, it is best to plant approximately 36 inches wide.